Friday, February 18, 2011

Happy

It's 73 degrees outside, I have my windows open. The house is clean, floors are scrubbed, laundry folded and put away, clean sheets on the beds. Bullet Bill is gassed up, washed, and vacuumed. I'm wearing short sleeves. The girls are getting over their 6 week long back-to-back colds and ear infections and sleeping better (sadly, this is relative--I was still up a couple of times last night with Annabelle). If Annabelle's ear infection comes back again, I have a much better thermometer. I'm tracking orders from Amazon that will arrive this afternoon (what? the "out for delivery" notification doesn't thrill you?). And this evening, I will be tracking the North Carolina-bound flight of this redhead:


And because Laura cannot live by cheeks alone:
(not pictured: Diet Coke, 3 kinds of ice cream, Bojangles, Cookout milkshakes, and either the roast or tri tip we have Sunday night)

It's going to be a good weekend. Anyone have any suggestions of something to do tomorrow? Laura isn't hard to please; she'd be perfectly happy playing video games, eating, and hugging all day. But I'd hate to waste a gorgeous Saturday inside.

6 comments:

Becca said...

JEALOUSSSS!!!

laura said...

Heeeeeee! Let's go to the park tomorrow. And THEN eat a lot and hug.

Just got to the airport. See you soon!

wanda said...

I love it when my children act like they like each other!

PaloAltoCougar said...

And I love it that you kids fake it so well that Mom buys it. Makes my life so much better.

Wish we were there....

Lisa said...

Ahhh, how fun! And I'd say that there is little more thrilling than the "out for delivery" notification. It sends my heart a-flutter all day! P.S. I want to visit you. I gather that there is a lot of food involved--and that is perfect for me. :)

Katie Ross said...

All the great tasting food is making my mouth water...