"Oh, you know, cheetahs. They could come in. They're scary."
At this point, I was torn between being the sympathetic help-my-scared-child mom and just laughing. I mean, cheetahs! CHEETAHS. So I calmly explained that there were no cheetahs anywhere near us. Deer, sure. Rabbits, yes. Frogs, obviously. But no cheetahs. And if, somehow, cheetahs did invade the area, we'd hear about it on the news. See? No cheetah stories. We're safe.
And then I read this. Shhhhhhhhh...don't tell Mabes! She doesn't need help not sleeping. I didn't see any mention of cheetahs, but there were leopards--that's probably close enough. And there are only 3 animals still on the loose, and really, what are the odds that they'll wander 400+ miles to us? Very, very slim. What are the odds that Mabes hears about this and can't sleep tonight? Pretty good. Doh.
4 comments:
Silly Mabes. Cheetahs (and leopards, for that matter) don't have opposable thumbs. So there's no way they can change the sign to an eviction notice. Duh.
The article says that only a wolf and a monkey are left roaming.... I thought you always wanted a monkey!
Especially a herpetic monkey! Love mabes.
Cheetahs,frogs , and leapords oh, my!!!!! Hilarious post. Her imagination is amazing!
Post a Comment